Sunday, February 28, 2016

Another Night Of Crohn's Cramping...Sleep To The Rescue


On Saturday morning I woke up around 9 A.M. (this was after I went to bed around 4 A.M.). Usually on weekends I go to bed later but typically I fall asleep around 1 A.M. or so. On Friday I wasn't in any pain just watching Netflix and YouTube online. Anyways, since I only got 4 hours of sleep my stomach was cramping a little bit. However, the pain got worse as the day wore on. Last night (Saturday night) I was really cramping and tried to take a hot bath which helped a little bit. My strategy then was to use some ice on my stomach and that seemed to numb the pain a little bit which felt nice. I was able to sleep pretty well last night and fell asleep around 11 P.M. since I was so tired and woke up around 8:30 A.M. this morning. This helped compensate for some of the sleep but I still feel a little tired. I really do think sleep is an important factor in not only maintaining a healthy lifestyle and aiding memory but it seems to really help cramping for Crohn's. 

I see my GI this week for a regular checkup (and also to get my Humira renewed). I will ask him the question about the SCD diet I wrote about in my last post (I will show him the picture too). Overall though I still feel pretty though, although in the back of my mind I wonder if and when I will have my next flare (I use to think about this more, however I stopped thinking about it as much because always worrying about it will prevent me from living the best life possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment