Friday, March 31, 2017

Board Exam, Cramps, Stress and Life


Well the past couple of weeks have been interesting. I took my board exam on Sunday March 18, 2017 and it was 7 hours total (two 3 hour exams) and passed which was quite a relief. I took some time off work to study for the exam. Honestly, I never remember studying so hard for an exam (even in graduate school). Every day I was studying 5-6 hours a day. I felt like towards the end I was a little stressed out but honestly the night before the exam I slept pretty well (probably because I was so tired). On my part I scheduled the exam in the afternoon to maximize my sleep time (I can be quite a night owl and prefer waking up later if possible). After I took the exam I had some cramps. However, these had waxed and waned. Today I feel pretty great (I am on vacation and my mind feels quite clear not having to work).

Cramping seems to come and go. The most important thing I look for my bowel movements. These continue to be normal and nothing unusual. My only wish was that there was less cramping. I plan to solve this with some good sleep this weekend.

Now that I passed my board exam I have much more free time to engage in activities I didn't have time for before. I plan to get more involved in my Crohn's organization and also will try to write more blog posts. Honestly, as I probably have stated before the improvements and advancements happened so quickly that I haven't had time to keep up with them as much as I would like. This of course is a great thing though.

No comments:

Post a Comment